Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The Odd Couple - Complete Alienation

It's a joint effort between myself and Dan, only this is purely a setup...although I'm sure someone could make this pretty entertaining on their own. This weekend I'll be joining Dan and his girlfriend over what seems to be some sushi. Very much looking forward to it, especially with voice records and camera's in tow (probably digital camera, less conspicuous).

The problem or so I am told, is some random guy friend of his girlfriend, wants to meet Dan - as like a means of approval or something. The problem being is that this guy is barely an acquaintance with Dan's girlfriend. Like, maybe one or two "Hey"'s tops. He is assuming a fatherly/brotherly figure for what appears to be no reason. For the sake of a joke, it only seems the right thing to do is for him to proveUSobnoxious. Here's the setup people.


I will take on the character of a rather stiff, uptight, and nerdy (american) individual. Still working on what my personality disorder is, right now I'm thinking my character is enough as...

Jessica (my fake girlfriend) will be an insanely bubbly, hardcore sorority style girlfriend. Fawning over me and pretty completely, well obnoxious. She'll suffer from several eating disorders and occasional drop hints throughout the meal - "Sometimes, I just get so full I want to throw up."

We want to sell our awkward relationship as much is as humanly possible, we don't want to dominate the conversation but we certainly want to provide enough cover so that this guy will be in no place to judge Dan, his girlfriend, or call him out on anything. Here are other ideas for myself and Jessica that are currently in debate between the two of us.


1. I'm extremely introverted, she is a complete bitch and hits me. "I SWEAR WHEN WE GET OUT OF HERE!" are things that would fit with her character.

2. She is extremely introverted and as a result, only talks by whispering solely to me. I, in turn, say everything she is telling me. The problem is this results in a high demand for Jessica to stay in character as I am personally worried of saying something ridiculous on her behalf. She wouldn't really be whisphering, she'd just be making the noise and I'd be making stuff up. Get it? - "She says the tea is amazing," or "She said purple elephants."

3. I don't change, I remain British and just go crazy high class. Jessica would be as you Americans put it a "hick."

4. Jessica and I become very fundamentalist Christians.

Thoughts? Ideas? Input? Leave a comment.




Marcus out.


No comments:

Post a Comment