Wednesday, December 16, 2009
Thursday, December 10, 2009
I was walking across campus the other day and saw a flier screaming "LOOKING FOR FEMALE ROOMMATE!" and I saw a few qualities listed below it they were looking for; this obviously got me thinking. Fake fliers looking for crazy roommates.
Start by getting a fake number (might I recommend google voice) and throw it on a flier. Now make up your own flier screaming for a roommate that has some pretty weird qualities, or you yourself can come across as weird and see if you get calls.
>like to be watched while they sleep
>not be opposed to psychological experiments in cleanliness
>not get upset with "sexual harassment"
>not have a problem with paying for tibet
If you get phone calls back, report back on the conversation.
ass beating risk: 0/5 as long as you use a fake number, and info you won't be picking up any crazy stalkers. (they won't won't want to physically hurt you anyways)
Friday, December 4, 2009
This concept has been floating around for a few years now, the tentative date being December 8th of the year. The basic idea outlined/detailed from various websites we've copy and pasted and given no citation too because we're bastards who could care less.
No need for me to type anything new, read the following.
HOWEVER, here are our plans. We plan on setting up some fog machines in key locations to emerge from barely wearing any clothes and looking utterly shocked at what is going on around us.
This is a challenge that demands photo/video.
Pretend to be a Time Traveler Day
You must spend the entire day in costume and character. The only rule is that you cannot actually tell anyone that you are a time traveler. Other than that, anything’s game.
There are three possible options:
1) Utopian/cliche Future – “If the Future did a documentary of the last fifty years, this is how badly the reenactors would dress.” Think Star Trek: TNG or the Time Travelers from Hob. Ever see how the society in Futurama sees the 20th century? Run with it. Your job is to dress with moderately anachronistic clothing and speak in slang from varying decades. Here are some good starters:
- Greet people by referring to things that don’t yet exist or haven’t existed for a long time. Example: “Have you penetrated the atmosphere lately?” “What spectrum will today’s broadcast be in?” and “Your king must be a kindly soul!”
- Show extreme ignorance in operating regular technology. Pay phones should be a complete mystery (try placing the receiver in odd places). Chuckle knowingly at cell phones.
2) Dystopian Future – This one offers a little more flexibility. It can be any kind of future from Terminator to Freejack. The important thing to remember is dress like a crazy person with armor. Black spray painted football pads, high tech visors, torn up trenchcoats and maybe even some dirt here or there. Remember, dystopian future travelers are very startled that they’ve gone back in time. Some starters:
- If you go the “prisoner who’s escaped the future” try shaving your head and putting a barcode on the back of your neck. Then stagger around and stare at the sky, as if you’ve never seen it before.
- Walk up to random people and say “WHAT YEAR IS THIS?” and when they tell you, get quiet and then say “Then there’s still time!” and run off.
- Stand in front of a statue (any statue, really), fall to your knees, and yell “NOOOOOOOOO”
- Stare at newspaper headlines and look astonished.
- Take some trinket with you (it can be anything really), hand it to some stranger, along with a phone number and say “In thirty years dial this number. You’ll know what to do after that.” Then slip away.
3) The Past – This one is more for beginners. Basically dress in period clothing (preferably Victorian era) and stagger around amazed at everything. Since the culture’s set in place already, you have more of a template to work off of. Some pointers:
- Airplanes are terrifying. Also, carry on conversations with televisions for a while.
- Discover and become obsessed with one trivial aspect of technology, like automatic grocery doors. Stay there for hours playing with it.
- Be generally terrified of people who are dressed immodestly compared to your era. Tattoos and shorts on women are especially scary.
And that’s it. Remember, the only real rule is staying in character and try to fit in. Never directly admit you’re a time traveler, and make really, really bad attempts at keeping a low profile. Naturally, the dystopian future has a little more leeway. And for the record, I’ve already tried out all of these in real life, in costume. It is so much fun you want to pee yourself.
Thursday, November 26, 2009
This one might be a little tough with the winter months moving in; but still do-able. The idea is to drive up along side/run behind either a biker or a runner; while blasting Rocky "Training Montage" style music. Jackson, Marcus and I burned a CD with Chariot of Fire, Eye of the Tiger, O Fortuna, and Wannabe (spice girls), and found runners in our town to try and "pump up".
We tried it pretty late so we only found 1 runner, we got her to throw her arms up and cheer at one point; so I deemed it a success. I regret to say the video footage we got was awful, so we'll be getting more in a brighter hour post-break.
IN A CAR
1.)If your going to be driving next to somebody, put your hazards on so people know to drive around you.
2.)Feel free to cheer and scream at them out the window, give the person a story to tell.
3.)CRANK and volume, in our modern days people run with headphones on, so you'll need to really get their attention
1.)You can either find people running outside or on a track, this might be tough if you're not in the best shape.
2.)Do it with some friends, matching track suits are a plus.
3.)Get a Ghetto Blaster (boom box) or Ipod plug-in might be funny.
Def. get video of this, make it a montage style video
Ass Beating Risk: 1/5, most people will find it funny, but keep your distance; some people might get annoyed with you following them.
Saturday, November 21, 2009
So do that. Go into any public restroom with at least one person (come to think of it, if just one person was in the place with you that'd certainly make for an entertainig laugh.) The advantage of having multiple people in the bathroom, is you and a mate could be vocal recording the whole thing. Cause I'm pretty sure taking a video camera into a bathroom is considered an invasion of privacy or a porno in some cases. I'm not reccomending the latter. I digress.
Again, just to recap. Here at some key phrases you need to exclaim in discomfort in a public restroom.
"There is so much blood!"
"Ahh it burns! Make it stop!"
"Karen, you slut!"
"Why is there so much blood coming from my anus?!"
"I know what it feels like to pee like a girl!"
*fart noises* - you can do them yourself, or have them pre-recorded and play them
When you are done, immediatley wrap as though nothing has happened. Like end it along the lines of...
"Ahh my god! Why must!!....oh im done."
Then exit, if you have water running down your face like you were crying, make sure you are making a scene. Like whining, wiping tears from your eyes "WHY?! WHY??!" If you douse your forehead in water as though you were sweating, make sure you appear out of breathe.
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
For added fun, go to the store and see if they have somebody looking around the store. Worst case scenario they call up the dairy section and have them double check the stock. Keep the number of jugs between 5-20, the more jugs you tell them the more likely they are to realize you're lieing.
Ass Beating Risk: nada, use skype or *67 your phone call. Try and get video of a person looking for the jugs if you go and check it out.