Saturday, October 24, 2009

It's Not a Jazz Number.

I'm Marcus.

Not only am I british, I'm also better than you. It's my responsibility to keep people confident, and doing ridiculous acts in public for the sake of a good laugh. The first and best way to acclomplish this in my opinion is the following.

Within the next two weeks, I'll be rehearsing with a group of guys/girls to get the lead song of Grease/West Side Story/some musical down. Singing, footwork, whatever. We want it memorized and down. For what purpose you ask? To wait around the local area here, for the same bus. We all get on at different times. Once all of us our on, and a sizeable amount of people have gathered. I will begin singing the opening lyrics and begin dancing/moving. As time goes on, more of us will join in.

I'll be taking 10 people, plus 1 camera guy. Will post the video as soon as I can.

UPDATE - Rehearsal begins the week of November 1st, we are also looking at executing the same week. Right now there is currently a tossup between either all leaving the bus once we are done OR continuing about our daily lives. Answer cell phones, continue on in conversations, listen to mp3 players, etc.

1 comment:

Jackson Wright said...

To expand on this idea, I think a boy band number could serve the same purpose. Additionally, it may be easier to pull off for several reasons:
1.) A boy band only takes 4 guys with passable singing voices and a little practice. It seems like the problem Dan and I ran into while discussing the Grease number was the lack of girls we know who can sing and are willing to do something like this. With the boy band, we're able to cut it down to four people, more specifically, four males.
2.) With four people, rehearsals would be much easier to organize.
3.) We would have more room on the bus to move around and possibly single out two or three women to serenade. This extra room on the bus also opens up the possibility of some rudimentary dance moves.

Post a Comment